At the Science of Sport, it's our mission to provide practical, realistic, and cutting-edge information and knowledge on running and cycling training to you. We want to provide the very best tips and advice to help you improve and enjoy your running and cycling performance. Whatever your question or concern, we aim to address it!
So look out for our series of feature articles on training tips and techniques to make the most of your running, cycling, swimming and triathlon performances.
Some of the topics we will cover are:
- Putting your training programme together
- Concepts and principles behind training
- How to integrate speed work and higher intensity training into the training programme
- Diet and nutrition for optimal performance
- Technology and your training - heart rate monitors, GPS, iPods, and other technological innovations and how you can make best use of these
- How to avoid overdoing it - signs and symptoms of overtraining
- Hill training, track workouts and tempo runs
- Training injuries and common errors
- The physiology behind running, cycling and swimming performance
- Racing - tactics, strategies and approaches for success
- Lessons from the labs - a scientific view of different types of training techniques and methods
Also, feel free to drop us an email and ask questions - our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to having you along!!!!
Ross and Jonathan